- 1 out of every 20 children born alive will die in their first month of life
- 1 in 10 children die before their 1st birthday
- 1 in 6 children die before their 5th birthday
- Ethiopia is the most populated country in Africa with estimated 80 million people
- Ethiopia is twice the size of Texas
- 5.5 million children are considered orphans or vulnerable
- The 5.5 million number includes more than 850,000 who are orphans due to HIV/AIDs
- The median age in Ethiopia is 18 years
- 1.5 million people are infected with AIDS
- Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world with 1 in 4 Ethiopians living on less than $1/day
- About 450,000 children die each year, mainly from preventable and treatable infectious diseases complicated by malnutrition.
- Ethiopia’s fertility rate of 5.4 births per woman is one of the highest in the world
- 20,000 new mothers die each year-largely because 93 percent of all deliveries occur at home
- Life expectancy in Ethiopia is 39 for males and 42 for females
- Per capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any country in Africa
- Half the kids in Africa will never attend school
Hey, I'm Wynne!
Hi, friend! First, I truly am so giddy that you are here. I want you to know I 100% believe in you and all the ways you are growing towards living a more intentional life. I can’t wait to get to know you and your story, and I genuinely hope you are encouraged from our time together here.
A little about me, I’m a type 7 on the enneagram, a total extrovert + people lover, entrepreneur, connector, storyteller, people gatherer, and passionate wife, mama + friend. I feel most alive when I’m exploring new places and surrounded by people I love. Give me a day in the outdoors disconnected from wifi, and I am a happy girl. I run on oat milk lattes, Jesus, gratitude journaling and kitchen dance parties with my three kids.
Welcome, come on in!