hey friends! oh goals…does that word make you shutter? Well, it sometimes does for me. But I grew up with a entrupurnerial dad, and it seems like we were always setting measurable goals. In fact, something I really love about my dad is he takes a few days each year to get away + get alone and write his goals for the year, 5 years, and beyond. I have always admired this about him, and am always interested to see what his goals are.
While on vacation over the holidays, I wrote out a page of “2014 goals + dreams”. I want to pick a few of those goals each month, and accomplish them. Some of them, like “write a little every day” aren’t goals that I can “check off” the list each month, and that isn’t the point here. I simply want to keep myself accountable to be working towards the things I have set out to accomplish in 2014. I also want to say GRACE, GRACE over this year. I want to give mroe grace, and recieve more grace. So don’t be alarmed if in my “march goals” post where I recap my February goals, they aren’t all marked off. Ok, ok enough about that. here we go.
1. Make a Artifact Uprising book of my favorite instagram images of 2013 and get it printed
2. Finish my “anybody” series by writing MY anybody story
3. Find a place to write people’s names that I’m praying for each day somewhere in my home that I can see easily
see! measurable. not too much. small steps. I also want to work towards these goals continually throughout the year:
- make a time each week for disconnect + rest
- learn to say no + not overcommit
- read + study the Word as many mornings as possible
- write a little every single day
[those are not numbered, because they aren’t something I can “cross off” my list if you will. Those are just things I want to keep in front of me each month to remind me what I need to do to perserve my mental health :)]
what about you? do you goal set? I’m linking up with Tiny Twig today!