so, #write31days is over. whew.
are you still with me?
I’m thinking that at this point, I [well mainly YOU] deserve a much needed break.
but here’s the thing…I missed writing in real time. and so much has happened the past month-ish since I’ve been writing on my note to self series. I have some writing to do, and some big things to catch you up on, but before we get to that, let’s just recap.
- we announced that we are moving to Bryan/College Station, Texas to be apart of a new church plant, Declaration church
- we launched the carry camp! and small groups.
- one of my closest “people” here + her family left to be a full time missionaries
- I did a 30 day beach body challenge called fit for fall with some college girlfriends
- I started sharing more of my oily journey with young living + have a pretty fun team so far!
- we’ve made 4 trips to Bryan [almost 7 hours drive away] to look at homes
- collectively been to 5 college football games [all outta town]
- had several noonday shows
- a trip to the human + animal hospital [we’re fine now]
- celebrated the kids being home forever 2 years
- started packing my house….
wow. seriously a lot has happened. all while trying to keep up with this writing series. sure, I didn’t hit 31 posts – but I’m pretty proud of myself. I stuck with it. I gave myself grace. and I challenged myself.
I learned that it’s ok to “go back” and share stories, even if they aren’t in real time. but I’ve also learned that I like writing and processing in real time. not sure where the balance is on that, but it will be nice to put my fingers to the keys again to really express what I’m currently feeling and going through. I learned that it doesn’t really matter how many people read it, or how much exposure it gets, and it’s not at all about that. I don’t know what I expected, but even if I wrote just for my kids to have these stories and thoughts and voice memos from their mom one day, it was worth it.
so, there you have it.
the next few months will be sorta crazy with packing/selling/buying/moving/saying goodbye – and I now know why God has us in a season of stay. it’s going to be bittersweet to leave this town, and the 6.5 years of friendships and stories I’ve lived here. I want to be intentional with my people, face to face, and so that might mean not as much here on the blog. but it also might mean late into the night
free therapy writing to write.
I don’t know how to end this post….talk soon friends!