- GUM. you need gum. all the time. so bring enough, I mean more than you think is enough.
- WIPES. you need wipes, and the small packages are better (don’t take up as much room when you throw a pack or 2 in your backpack – think $1 ones at target)
- COFFEE. via packs from starbucks to take with you….we call “coffee” in uganda “cof-tea” you’ll want the VIA packs. Note: Ethiopia has amazing coffee, but for all other african countries….VIA is the best. mix with hot water in the morning and you are in business.
- face wipes,
- eye cover thing (you know when you sleep),
- comfy socks,
- neck pillow,
- sleeping pills,
- tooth brush/small toothpaste, a little bit of makeup.
Bring a mini med stock. advil. tums. sleep aid. day/night quil. a couple bandaids. benadryl. if you or any of your crew get motion sickness, get the motion sickness SEA-BANDs for your wrists. I wore mine i think every day in uganda on the bus. and then BOINIE ( i think that’s how you spell it) pills are great for motion sickness too.
- mini peanut butter things – seriously, you will thank me later
- crystal light packs to put in your water
- just be prepared!
- tissue packs for backpack (don’t get the cheap kind, you’ll really want something soft. get the small individual packs)
- flashlight (not the big lantern, you’ll never use it – a midsize handheld one will do)
- adapter to charge camera/phone/etc (muy importante!!!! make sure you have more than 1 if you are with a lot of people, you will fight over who gets it!)
- bug spray WITH deet in it
- hand sanitizer (the small individual ones – bring 2-3/person)
- pens (random things that are just easier to bring than try to find)
- travel fabreeze…..just do it. you’ll know why later.
- pictures of your family back home 😉
- dryer sheets! someone told me this trick before my 1st trip. when you are packing, stick dryer sheets all in your bag between your clothes. then when you get there you’ll bag will smell fresh & remain fresh!
- zip locks – seriously, you just always need zip locks. big ones & medium size ones
- I always pick out my outfits & tie them up w/ something you find lying around the house (ribbon, toole, etc) so they pack tighter and you don’t have to think about what shirt goes with what skirt.
- make sure you have a luggage weigher – you never know when you are going to need to shift things around from bag to bag
- I always take a separate small bag for undies/socks/etc.
Hey, I'm Wynne!
Hi, friend! First, I truly am so giddy that you are here. I want you to know I 100% believe in you and all the ways you are growing towards living a more intentional life. I can’t wait to get to know you and your story, and I genuinely hope you are encouraged from our time together here. A little about me, I’m a type 7 on the enneagram, a total extrovert + people lover, entrepreneur, connector, storyteller, people gatherer, and passionate wife, mama + friend. I feel most alive when I’m exploring new places and surrounded by people I love. Give me a day in the outdoors disconnected from wifi, and I am a happy girl. I run on oat milk lattes, Jesus, gratitude journaling and kitchen dance parties with my three kids.
Welcome, come on in!